Senior DevOps Engineer
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who combines technical, communication, and analytical capabilities and who wants to support shaping the future of Big Data.
At Ultra Tendency you would:
- Be responsible for automating the infrastructure, optimizing cloud costs, ensuring cloud security and you should continuously push improving the cloud setup.
- Optimize monitoring systems and be responsible for the further development of building processes and the automation of deployment processes
- Be responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of IT solutions in the Cloud environment (AWS)
- Be a responsible person when it comes to the performance, availability, and security of our software and system landscapes
- Actively shape our current DevOps standards, and provide support for our software developers
- Work on our open source projects alongside our large contributor base and community
- Coach and support engineering teams in the implementation of DevOps activities
- Educate the team on trends and developments in e.g. containerization, testing, or scalability
What do you need?
- 3+ years of experience designing and deploying applications using AWS and/or Azure
- A solid understanding of core AWS services (EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, Lambda, Route 53…)
- You know your way around CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in deployment systems and container software (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate technological challenges.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language
- Very good experience with Linux
- You are a strong team player, You drive results
- You are fluent in English; German is a plus
What do we offer?
- Big Data challenges of major players from various industries (automotive, insurance, telecommunication, etc.)
- Professional development opportunities and growth
- Work with our open-source Big Data gurus, such as our Apache HBase committer and Release Manager
- International diverse team
- Flexible working hours
- Company events