Senior Big Data Developer
If you love writing high quality code, Spark is your daily business, or you know Spark like the back of your hand we have just the right challenges for you! In your role as Senior Big Data Developer, you will take ownership to make Big Data “useful.” Solve Big Data problems for our customers throughout the project life cycle.
You will work with our customers to identify requirements and design applications according to their needs.
You are responsible for one or more developers, making sure they deliver their tasks at hand and leading the project team to growth and a collaborative attitude to steer our Big Data projects.
- Make Big Data useful (build program code, test and deploy to various environments, design, and optimize data processing algorithms for our customers)
- Support your development team with feature implementation and automate testing of data driven applications
- Make a difference by bringing in new ideas to improve quality or development methodology of the development team
- Identify performance bottlenecks within the applications and address them accordingly
- Debugging, reviewing, developing, and taking charge of complex solutions
- Lead a development team, ensure high quality standards, and best practices
YOU WILL ENJOY THIS ROLE IF YOU
- At least 5 years of experience with data ingestion, analysis, integration, and design of Big Data applications using Apache open-source technologies, such as Spark, Kafka, Impala, HBase, etc.
- Strong experience in developing software using Java or a comparable language.
- Solid computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures and programming skills in distributed systems)
- Experience in leading a project team.
- Verbal and written skills in English (a MUST), other (e.g., German, Russian, Spanish) an advantage
- Understanding and establishment of professional software engineering best practices and methodologies
BE ABLE TO
- Show the qualities that enable high performance like being curious about learning and thinking agile
- Act objective oriented – deliver on what brings greatest value to the organization
- Work enterprising – chart a course that understands customer needs and creates competitive advantage
- Empower others– build up the team and uplift growth
- Demonstrate reliability- be disciplined and conscientious in your tasks
YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO
- Work in an English-speaking, international, and pluralistic company that feels like one global big family
- Boost your own career together with some of the greatest minds in our industry (Apache Committers, PMC members, MVPs, etc.)
- Create real impact and make a difference while developing unique systems and applications for our numerous renowned customers in Germany and Europe
- Professional development opportunities and an unrivaled lifelong learning philosophy that will max out your potential (guaranteed!)
- Unlimited access to Udemy
- Well-structured personal development path executed by Ultra Tendency Academy
- Open feedback culture that generates distinct value from connecting people through networks rather than through hierarchies
- Contribute your ideas and turn it into value through a high level of personal responsibility
- Great pay and compensations
- Flexible work through home office and flextime
- Employee referral program
- Regular (virtual) teambuilding events
- Ultra Summer: Company-wide workation event in a beautiful location (e.g. Mallorca)
Questions left? Ask our Recruiter Anna Fussa via firstname.lastname@example.org