Big Data Architect
Our Big Data Architects are not afraid to get their hands dirty. In this role, you will be responsible for all levels of the design process from strategic consulting, design, implementation to operations. You will also be working on the core system functionalities as the leader of sophisticated technical teams.
What are your tasks?
- Support our customers and development teams in transitioning capabilities from architecture to operations
- Create architectural concepts from customer requirements and bring these ideas to life; you create the concept, and with the help of a skilled team, you implement it
- Consult our customers to develop the best big data strategy
- Document and communicate the architecture to different customer stakeholders
- Design and extend large-scale infrastructure for our clients
- Fine-tune and optimize our clusters to process millions of records every day
- Work in a fully agile environment with highly technical colleagues
- Develop a Scrum team as a product owner
- Learn something new every day and solve complex problems.
What do you need?
- Strong knowledge of big data systems, cluster and cloud technologies, and construction of system landscapes
- Understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem and its interconnected technologies, such as Apache Hive, Spark, Kafka, HBase, or Nifi
- Strong understanding of Cloud technologies, such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Familiarity with agile software development (especially Scrum) and the role of product owner
- Familiarity and experience with the Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) or other architectural frameworks.
- Understand the full life-cycle of software, from requirements analysis, to development via deployment to operations
- Communicate at multiple levels – in particular, to developers, project management, and business owners
- Profound skills in programming languages such as Java or Python and modelling languages such as UML and BPMN
- Maintain professional standards in challenging project situations
- Ability to identify and describe solutions for stakeholders from different viewpoints
What do we offer?
- Working with our open-source big data gurus, such as our Apache HBase committer and release manager
- Working with the open-source community and becoming a contributor. You will learn from open-source enthusiasts, whom you find nowhere else in Germany
- Making a difference to clients and to the tech community
- Working in an English-speaking, international environment
- Using cutting edge equipment and tools