Professional Big Data Architect
In this role as a Big Data Architect, you will be responsible for all levels of the design process from strategic consulting, design, implementation to operations. You will also be working on the core system functionalities as the leader of sophisticated technical teams.
- Be the technical face to our clients (Technical Project Lead)
- Work with diverse customer stakeholders to identify and define clear requirements and design applications according to their needs
- Review, optimize and extend existing big data architectures to adapt to new requirements
- Design client’s big data architecture and single applications from scratch or extend/redesign existing architectures
- Document and communicate the architecture to different customer stakeholders
- Support the overall implementation process.
- Support our customers and development teams in transitioning capabilities ranging from architecture to operations
- Fine-tune and optimize our clusters to process millions of records every day
- Lead the development team, ensure high-quality standards, and best practices
- Responsible for project budget & burndown
YOU WILL ENJOY THIS ROLE IF YOU HAVE
- Strong knowledge of Big Data systems, cluster and cloud technologies, and construction of system landscapes
- Strong understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem and its interconnected technologies, such as Spark, Kafka, HBase or NiFi
- Understanding of Cloud technologies, such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Expert in agile software development (especially Scrum) and familiar with the role of a product owner
- Experience with the Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) or other architectural frameworks.
- Understand the full life cycle of software, from requirements analysis to development via deployment to operations.
- Communicate at multiple levels – in particular, to developers, project management, and business owners.
- Profound skills modeling languages such as UML and BPMN
- Maintain professional standards in challenging project situations.
- Ability to identify and describe solutions for stakeholders from different viewpoints.
- Verbal and written skills in English (a MUST), other (e.g., German, Russian, Spanish) an advantage.
BE ABLE TO
- Show the qualities that enable high performance like being curious about learning and thinking agile
- Act objective oriented – deliver on what brings the greatest value to the organization
- Work enterprising – chart a course that understands customer needs and creates a competitive advantage
- Empower others– build up the team and uplift growth
- Demonstrate reliability- be disciplined and conscientious in your tasks
YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO
- Work in an English-speaking, international, and pluralistic company that feels like one global big family
- Boost your own career together with some of the greatest minds in our industry (Apache Committers, PMC members, MVPs, etc.)
- Create real impact and make a difference while developing unique systems and applications for our numerous renowned customers in Germany and Europe
- Professional development opportunities and an unrivaled lifelong learning philosophy that will max out your potential (guaranteed!)
- Unlimited access to Udemy
- Well-structured personal development path executed by Ultra Tendency Academy
- Open feedback culture that generates distinct value from connecting people through networks rather than through hierarchies
- Contribute your ideas and turn it into value through a high level of personal responsibility
- Great pay and compensations
- Flexible work through home office and flextime
- Employee referral program
- Regular (virtual) teambuilding events
- Ultra Summer: Company-wide workation event in a beautiful location (e.g. Mallorca)
Questions left? Ask our Recruiter Anna Fussa via email@example.com